90-XX OPERATIONS RESEARCH, MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING
- 90-00 General reference works (handbooks, dictionaries, bibliographies, etc.)
- 90-01 Instructional exposition (textbooks, tutorial papers, etc.)
- 90-02 Research exposition (monographs, survey articles)
- 90-03 Historical (must also be assigned at least one classification number from Section 01)
- 90-04 Explicit machine computation and programs (not the theory of computation or programming)
- 90-06 Proceedings, conferences, collections, etc.
- 90-08 Computational methods
90Bxx Operations research and management science
90Cxx Mathematical programming [See also 49Mxx, 65Kxx]
An exact column-generation approach for the lot-type design problem
- We consider a fashion discounter distributing its many branches with
integral multiples from a set of available lot-types. For the problem of
approximating the branch and size dependent demand using those lots
we propose a tailored exact column generation approach assisted by fast
algorithms for intrinsic subproblems, which turns out to be very efficient
on our real-world instances.
Computational Bounds for Elevator Control Policies by Large Scale Linear Programming
- We computationally assess policies for the elevator control problem by a new column-generation approach for the linear programming method for discounted infinite-horizon Markov decision problems. By analyzing the optimality of given actions in given states, we were able to provably improve the well-known nearest-neighbor policy. Moreover, with the method we could identify an optimal parking policy. This approach can be used to detect and resolve weaknesses in particular policies for Markov decision problems.