Year of publication
- 2012 (4) (remove)
- English (4) (remove)
- The Stochastic Guaranteed Service Model with Recourse for Multi-Echelon Warehouse Management (2012)
- The Guaranteed Service Model (GSM) computes optimal order-points in multi-echelon inventory control under the assumptions that delivery times can be guaranteed and the demand is bounded. Our new Stochastic Guaranteed Service Model (SGSM) with Recourse covers also scenarios that violate these assumptions. Simulation experiments on real-world data of a large German car manufacturer show that policies based on the SGSM dominate GSM-policies.
- A survey of the higher Stasheff-Tamari orders (2012)
- The Tamari lattice, thought as a poset on the set of triangulations of a convex polygon with n vertices, generalizes to the higher Stasheff-Tamari orders on the set of triangulations of a cyclic d-dimensional polytope having n vertices. This survey discusses what is known about these orders, and what one would like to know about them.
- An exact column-generation approach for the lot-type design problem (2012)
- We consider a fashion discounter distributing its many branches with integral multiples from a set of available lot-types. For the problem of approximating the branch and size dependent demand using those lots we propose a tailored exact column generation approach assisted by fast algorithms for intrinsic subproblems, which turns out to be very efficient on our real-world instances.
- The Integrated Size and Price Optimization problem (2012)
- We present the Integrated Size and Price Optimization Problem (ISPO) for a fashion discounter with many branches. Based on a two-stage stochastic programming model with recourse, we develop an exact algorithm and a production-compliant heuristic that produces small optimality gaps. In a field study we show that a distribution of supply over branches and sizes based on ISPO solutions is significantly better than a one-stage optimization of the distribution ignoring the possibility of optimal pricing.