- Article (2) (remove)
- Branch-and-Bound-Methode (2) (remove)
- On the benefits of using NP-hard problems in Branch & Bound (2008)
- We present a Brand-and-Bound (B&B) method using combinatorial bounds for solving makespan minimization problems with sequence dependent setup costs. As an application we present a laser source sharing problem arising in car manufacturing.
- Exploiting combinatorial relaxations to solve a routing & scheduling problem in car body manufacturing (2010)
- Motivated by the laser sharing problem (LSP) in car body manufacturing, we define the new general routing and scheduling problem (RSP). In the RSP, multiple servers have to visit and process jobs; renewable resources are shared among them. The goal is to find a makespan-minimal scheduled dispatch. We present complexity results as well as a branch-and-bound algorithm for the RSP. This is the first algorithm that is able to solve the LSP for industrially relevant problem scales.