Year of publication
- 2006 (5) (remove)
- Wirtschaftswissenschaften (5) (remove)
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this paper a performance measuring infrastructure,developed for the prototype and simulator, concering the experiment configuration, data measurement, and data collection, is presented. A corresponding performance evaluation framework is defined to obtain the metrics from the measured data. Initial experiments were carried out to test the developed prototype, simulator and the performance measuring infrastructure.
- Simulator Development - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this paper the simulation environment for the CATNETS project is defined further. The chosen simulator is adopted in terms of new features an architecture changes in order to provide a valid simulation environment for Application Layer Network scenarios. Furthermore the requirements for a scenario generator and the needed configuration mechanisms for the actual simulation runs are introduced.
- Theoretical and Computational Basis for CATNETS - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this work the self-organising potential of the CATNETS allocation mechanism is described to provide a more comprehensive view on the research done in this project. The formal description of either the centralised and decentralised approach is presented. Furthermore the agents’ bidding model is described and a comprehensive overview on how the catallactic mechanism is incorporated into the middleware and simulator environments is given.
- A Theoretical and Computational Basis for CATNETS (2006)
- The main content of this report is the identification and definition of market mechanisms for Application Layer Networks (ALNs). On basis of the structured Market Engineering process, the work comprises the identification of requirements which adequate market mechanisms for ALNs have to fulfill. Subsequently, two mechanisms for each, the centralized and the decentralized case are described in this document. These build the theoretical foundation for the work within the following two years of the CATNETS project.