- Report (14) (remove)
- Grid Computing (14) (remove)
- A Policy Framework including Trust and Reputation in Grid Environments (2007)
- This paper examines the role of policies in different grid environments. A Grid technology becomes standardized and stable, various business models are envented and increasingly applied, and economic implications can be observed.Asymmetrically distributed information may allow for opportunistic behaviour of service providers or users who exploit the information gap between providers and consumers on the quality of services.
- A Scalability Analysis of Grid allocation Mechanisms (2008)
- This article examines the broker´s behavior with regard to a varying number of participating nodes and shows that incremental losses have to be accepted in central resource allocation when introducing new nodes.
- Proof-of-Concept Application - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- In this report the progress of developing the proof-of-concept application in the CATNETS project is presented. Hence the development of the necessary performance measuring components as well as a distributed application to execute on economic-enhanced Grid/P2P platforms and middleware integration are described.
- CATNETS Final Activity Report (2007)
- This paper presents the final activity report of the CATNETS project. It summarizes the project objectives, the contractors involved, the work performed and the final results. A description of the dissemination activities concludes the report.
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This report describes the work done and results obtained in third year of the CATNETS project. Experiments carried out with the different configurations of the prototype are reported and simulation results are evaluated with the CATNETS metrics framework. The applicability of the Catallactic approach as market model for service and resource allocation in application layer networks is assessed based on the results and experience gained both from the prototype development and simulations.
- Simulator Development - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This document describes the progress of the simulator development with in the third year of the CATNETS project. The refinement of the simulator as well as a detailed guide to conducting simulations is presented.
- Theoretical and Computational Basis for Economical Ressource Allocation in Application Layer Networks -Annual Report Year 1 (2005)
- This paper identifies and defines suitable market mechanisms for Application Layer Networks (ALNs). On basis of the structured Market Engineering process, the work comprises the identification of requirements which adequate market mechanisms for ALNs have to fulfill. Subsequently, two mechanisms for each, the centralized and the decentralized case are described in this document.5
- Evaluation and Metrics Framework (2005)
- In this paper a metrics framework for evaluating different scenarios in the CATNETS project is defined. The aim is to use this framework to compare the catallactic scenario against the central auctioneer.
- Proof-of-Concept Application - Annual Report Year 1 (2005)
- In this document the Cat-COVITE Application for use in the CATNETS Project is introduced and motivated. Furthermore an introduction to the catallactic middleware and Web Services Agreement (WS-Agreement) concepts is given as a basis for the future work. Requirements for the application of Cat-COVITE with in catallactic systems are analysed. Finally the integration of the Cat-COVITE application and the catallactic middleware is described.
- Analysis of Simulation Environment (2005)
- In this paper the requirements for an ALN simulation environment are analysed, as needed in the CATNETS Project. A number of grid and general purpose simulators are evaluated regarding the identified requirements for simulating economical resource allocation mechanisms in ALNs. Subsequently a suitable simulator is chosen for usage in the CATNETS project.